Certified Professional in Learning & Performance (CPLP®)
About the CPLP® Program
On March 27, 2013, the American Society for Training & Development (ASTD) launched the new Competency Model that will be used on the Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP®) Knowledge Exam. Changes to the Competency Model will not impact Knowledge Exam candidates until the March / April 2014 testing window.
The Certified Professional in Learning & Performance (CPLP®) program is administered by the American Society for Training and Development Certification Institute (ASTD CI) and credentials individuals in the workplace learning & performance field.
The CPLP® certification program is based on the ASTD Workplace Learning & Performance (WLP) Competency Model™ with emphasis on the following nine (9) Areas of Expertise (AOEs):
- Designing Learning
- Delivering Training
- Human Performance Improvement
- Measuring & Evaluating
- Facilitating Organizational Change
- Managing the Learning Function
- Managing Organizational Knowledge
- Career Planning & Talent Management
Benefits of the CPLP®
Enrolling in the Certified Professional in Learning & Performance (CPLP®) certification program offers practitioners in the workplace learning & performance industry a wide range of important benefits. The CPLP® designation following your name demonstrates to current and potential employers that you possess a solid foundation of experience and education in workplace learning & performance that can have a positive impact on bottom-line results.
- For Individuals - Confirms a level of competence in the workplace learning & performance industry; increases job prospects
- For Teams & Functions - Establishes a structured path for professional development; recertification requirements encourage continuing education
- For Employees - Provides a framework for organizations to evaluate job and promotion candidates
- For the Profession - Defines standards and drives professional accountability; protects the public; raises industry and professional credibility
CPLP® Certification Program Criteria
Candidates applying for certification as a Certified Professional in Learning & Performance® (CPLP®) must satisfy educational and experiential requirements and agree to abide by the Workplace Learning & Performance Professional Code of Ethics.
Note: Although the program criteria accepts candidates with a minimum of three (3) years of related work experience, candidates with five (5) years experience or more have proven to be more successful.
CPLP® Certification Program Details
Beyond the initial eligibility requirements, the CPLP® certification program consists of two phases:
- Phase I: CPLP® Knowledge Exam
- Phase II: CPLP® Work Product Submission
You must pass both phases of the CPLP® certification program to achieve the CPLP® credential.
The CPLP® certification program is designed to evaluate the competence of workplace learning & performance professionals across all nine (9) Areas of Expertise (AOEs) and three (3) Foundational Competencies.
About the CPLP® Knowledge Exam
- Computerized exam delivery - at global test centers
- Exam consists of 150 multiple choice questions from across all nine Areas of Expertise and Foundational Competencies
About the CPLP® Work Product Submission
- Submission requires the candidate's successful completion of the CPLP® Knowledge Exam
- Work product is submitted for only one (1) area of expertise
- Candidates currently have a choice of one of six areas of expertise to choose from
- Includes candidate's submission of sample project work, along with responses to ten (10) essay-style questions about the submitted evidence
CPLP® Resources Available on CPLPCOACH.com
Owl's Ledge - the innovator in CPLP® study preparation materials, boot camps, workshops, and courses since 2005.
www.CPLPCOACH.com is an Owl's Ledge Web site entirely devoted to all things CPLP®
Office: (630) 510-1461